The Weta Workshop School at Massey University is a new way to study Entertainment Design. The school offers a unique educational experience in the exciting and ever-expanding world of design research and practice.
This course will give you a dynamic range of skills to start your career in concept design and visual storytelling in the entertainment industry.
The partnership of award-winning Weta Workshop and the internationally recognised Massey University delivers an exclusive educational experience.
Learn from and engage with some of the industry’s finest concept designers as you work towards a Master of Design qualification from New Zealand’s premier Design School, ranked in the top 100 Art and Design Schools in the world.
- Start date: September 2018
- Application deadline: 31 May 2018
- Duration of study: one year full-time
- English entry requirements: IELTS 6.5 with no band lower than 6.0
- Academic entry requirements: A four-year undergraduate Honours degree in design, visual communication, fine art, or equivalent (eg. US four-year Bachelor degree), or significant concept design experience in the entertainment industry. A research proposal and portfolio are also required – view full details.
- Approximate tuition fee per academic year: NZ$33,680
Highlights of the programme:
A two-week internship at Weta Workshop: A very special opportunity to gain an understanding of what it is like at a working design studio. Candidates will develop their communication and technical skills and work on a real concept design project, for a real client.
An intensive week-long concept design programme run by designers from Weta Workshop and Massey University. Students will begin to develop their skills in visual storytelling by collaborating on a world-building project.